The “Waldorf” Baby
The "Waldorf Baby", is there such a thing? In this episode I'm speaking with returning guest, listener favorite, and author of, "You Are Your Child's First Teacher", Rahima Baldwin Dancy. We're discussing all things Waldorf and babies. Did Steiner give indications for children under one? What were his insights into human development that might help us to support the growth of a young child? Breastfeeding? Baby wearing? These are all things we got to explore in this episode.
Subscribe to the Waldorfy Podcast
Rahima is one of my all time favorite guests. Not only was she an incredible Waldorf early childhood teacher, she was also a midwife for years, making her the perfect guest for this episode! (Yes we even talk a bit about pregnancy.) She introduced me to a parenting phrase I live by, "get rid of the shoulds". I hope as you listen to this episode you keep that phrase in mind too. Please don't take anything said in our conversation as a "should". I hope if you're a parent or carer you can listen in and find something that might be helpful, offer insight, or be a tool, to help you in your role supporting the development of your little one.
Follow Waldorfy on Socail Media
Here's where you can purchase Rahima's book, "You Are Your Child's First Teacher". One of may favorites for the baby phase.
Rahima also recommended the site, https://www.beginningwell.org/en/ as a helpful resource.
At the beginning of this episode I talk about our September Patreon drive. Patreon is a platform where you can support creators like myself with a small monthly contribution. I speak more in depth about the Patreon membership drive in the season trailer for this sixth season. Click here to listen to that episode. You can learn more about becoming a Patreon member here. There you can get all the details including all the information about our big gift-away coming up for Patreon supporters on October 2nd, (and September 25th for the spot in Meagan's Autumn Course)
- One spot in Meagan Wilson's (@meaganrosewilson ) Autumn course that starts this September 30th. Here's where you can learn more about that course, Routine, Ritual, Rhythm and Reverence: Autumn in the Home". This course includes so much. By participating you'll get:
- Autumn in the Home a 80+ page PDF eGuide including articles, worksheets and family planning printables focused on the following topics:
- Rhythm & Routine: Back to Basics
- Autumn Planning: Spiritual & Practical
- Autumn in the Kitchen: Recipes & Mealplanning
- Autumn Joy: Crafts & Games: for Caregivers and Children
- Autumn Traditions: Stories for Children
- Three Live Group Coaching Calls a space where we can discuss the course topics and open to your specific and unique questions
- 1:1 Email support with Meagan
- Video sneak-peeks into Meagan's home:examples of how she personally uses the systems, rhythms & routines in her home
- Seasonal Printables for planning & organization
- Access to an Exclusive Online Community Platform where you can connect with like-minded parents
- A Self-paced Resource - you do not need to be in class at a specific time
- OPTIONAL 1:1 Coaching if you desire it for an additional cost once you're enrolled
- Course Completion Certificate once you have competed all lessons
SO MANY GREAT THINGS!
Click here to sign up for the course!
Here is what we are gifting away to some lucky randomly selected Patreon supporters on October 2nd:
- THREE one year subscriptions to Toy Making Magic. Learn to make your own Waldorf toys! You can learn more about Toy making Magic here.
- A $100 gift certificate to my absolute favorite baby carrier company, Sakura Bloom. At the end of this episode I also speak with Sakura Bloom's founder, Lynne, and baby wearing expert, Paige, all about the three beautiful carriers they offer and the benefits of baby wearing
- A $100 gift certificate to Waldorfy podcast season partner, my favorite shop for Waldorf toys, books, and art supplies, Palumba.
- A one year subscription to Waldorfy season podcast partner, Sparkle Stories! This is huge. We love Sparkle Stories for their incredible selection of original audio-only stories that spur children to use their imagination and grow their curiosity.
I’ve teamed up with Sparkle Stories this season to offer Waldorfy listeners an extended 30-day free trial, so you can enjoy the entire library of Sparkle Stories- over 1300 original audio stories for ages three and up for your family! Click here, to sign up and use code: WALDORFY for the extended 30 day trial. Offer code good through the end of 2021.
Have you been thinking about supporting the Waldorfy podcast on Patreon? Now's the time!
Some posts contain links to Amazon. Ashley from Waldorfy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Thank you for your support.
EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO WALDORFY SEASON PODCAST SUPPORTERS: